Tuesday, September 23, 2014

27 weeks (a day early)

Weekly Info...

How far along are you? 27 weeks tomorrow. How did that happen?! Looking back, I missed a few weeks somewhere!! My mind is playing tricks on me I think. 

How I’m feeling: absolutely amazing!! Life couldn't be better this week, unless my family could be close by too...

Total weight gain: No scale today. I'm afraid. Haha!! 

How big is baby? This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds and is roughly 14 1/2 inches long (about the size of a head of cauliflower). 

He or she is sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing those little eyes, and perhaps even sucking on his or her fingers.

With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. The lungs are still immature, but they would be capable of functioning – with a lot of medical help – if your baby were to be born now.

Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother your baby, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.


Maternity clothes: same outfits every few days. I'm loving the outfits my mom sent me! The coral sweater in the pics below is one of my favorites! Especially since Fall has made its presence known this week!!

Stretch marks? No new ones, thankfully. Even though I looked down today and have NO idea where this big belly came from. I feel like she sprouted overnight. 

Sleep: meh. What is that? Between trying to keep my head above water with school work and house work, whew. 

Best moment this week: He. Felt. Her. MOVE!!! That glass of chocolate milk, mixed with my exhausting week so far, and this big ol' comfy bed...she's going insane tonight. 

Movement: always. She is quite the active little thing. And boy oh boy, does she love to kick all day. She was playing kickball with a nerve the past few days and it was unbelievably uncomfortable. Thankfully she found the bladder to play with today. Never thought I'd be glad she was hitting my bladder. 

Food cravings: Chips Ahoy! tonight. While grocery shopping, the mister even picked me up some of the little cup things of them to take to work!! 

Food aversions: none really, thankfully. I hope it stays that way. 

Belly button in or out: in. 

What I Miss: jumping up at the drop of a hat. And being able to get up off the floor with ease. 

What I’m looking forward to: seeing the mister hold her. 

Milestone: we are almost to 30 weeks. Which means we are almost to single digit weeks left. Which means momma had a near panic attack just thinking about that! Knowing that if we were to have her at any point from now on she'd have a decent chance at survival makes me giddy with relief. I cannot believe we are finally to a point where we can breathe a little. This has been a very long road for our family and I'm unbelievably happy we are where we are right now. 

Obligatory pic :) 
One is blurry but it's okay. You'll get the gist. 



Close up of the belly profile...where did it come from?!?!?



1 comment: