Wednesday, September 3, 2014

24 weeks!!!

Or 6 months!!! Eeekkkkk!!! Can you believe it?!?!

Weekly Info...

How far along are you? 24 weeks!!

How I’m feeling: it's been a tough week physically but I'm okay. Just tired from starting back teaching and taking care of my 26 kiddos :) and this one growing inside gets quite feisty at times. 

Total weight gain: I'll let you know next week after my appointment...but the appetite is in full swing! I cannot seem to get enough to eat lately. 

How big is baby? "Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him or her at just over a pound. Since your baby is almost a foot long (about the size of an ear of corn), he or she cuts a pretty lean figure at this point. But your baby's body is filling out proportionally and it will soon start to plump up.

His or her brain is growing quickly now, and taste buds are continuing to develop. Your baby's lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help air sacs in the lungs inflate once your baby hits the outside world. His or her skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon." -babycenter app


Maternity clothes: loving them...time to invest in some maternity (or larger sized) tank tops-like cami style undershirts. 

Stretch marks? Not yet. 

Sleep: not this week...even as tired as I've been. 

Best moment this week: Phil seeing my belly move. Little Miss was going insane inside and my belly was jumping. I think she was mistaken, thinking she was at a disco. 

Movement: non-stop. 

Food cravings: Brach's Mellowcreme Pumpkins, grilled chicken, avocados, Honeycrisp apples 

Food aversions: still a little iffy on mayo. 

Belly button in or out: in

What I Miss: finding a comfortable position for bedtime. It's so uncomfortable to sleep this week which makes for a very tired teacher. 

What I’m looking forward to: these next few months. I seriously can't believe we're in our sixth month and she will be here before we know it! Theres A LOT going on over the next few weeks/months and it just means we're one step closer to her being here!!

Milestone: SIXTH MONTH!!! Sixth daggum month, y'all!! Can you believe it?!?! 

Warning...the pictures you're about to see portray a tired teacher after a long (although super fun and I can hardly wait til tomorrow) day. I'm very well aware of how "rough" I look and it's okay. If people made pregnancy look glamorous 24/7, us imperfect folks would feel even worse about ourselves when we feel overwhelmed. 



Weary one, out. It's past my bedtime. 

1 comment:

  1. You don't look rough or tired! You are positively glowing with joy!! I LOVE these pictures!!

    ReplyDelete