Friday, September 5, 2014

Belly gropes

http://www.fitpregnancy.com/pregnancy/sex-relationships/baby-bump-etiquette-check#090514


Reading this link, I need to get better at this one..."Thwart unwanted touches by role-playing with someone you trust. Have a friend pat your stomach and practice saying, “I’d rather you didn’t do that.” Repeat this until you feel comfortable setting limits. “You have the right to say no to any unsolicited touch. If the person doesn’t respond, give yourself permission to walk away,” Gabriel says."


If you know me, I have a bubble for sure...and don't really like it when people I'm not close with get in my bubble. I just want to know you're going to be in my bubble before you enter. I think of it as common courtesy but I'm also well aware of my "weirdness" when it comes to things like my bubble. 


Luckily, most ask me if it's okay to touch my belly. But there have been a few (extremely) unsolicited and unexpected belly rubs/pats/gropes. The instinctive flinch didn't work, so looks like I'll have to find a polite way to say "don't grope my stomach." Don't think adding please will do it haha. 


Family, you're different. We've been in each other's bubbles for a long time now haha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment