Wednesday, October 1, 2014

28 weeks!!

Weekly Info...

How far along are you? 28 weeks. 

How I’m feeling: utterly overwhelmed. 

Total weight gain: I go to the doctor next week, I'll let ya know. 

How big is baby? By this week, your baby weighs 2 1/4 pounds (about the size of an eggplant) and measures 14.8 inches from head to heels.

Your baby can blink his or her eyes, which now sport lashes. With increasingly developed eyesight, your baby may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb.

Your baby's also developing billions of neurons in his or her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world. -babycenter app


Maternity clothes: I just bought some maternity tanks. Just going up a size wasn't working anymore....the belly was justa pokin' through the bottom. 

Stretch marks? Nope. 

Sleep: not last night. Probably why today started off sucky. :( 

Best moment this week: deciding to stop in the middle of writing next week's lesson plans to sit and watch my belly move. She wasn't kicking and jerking in there, just sliding around. Seeing my belly roll slightly was freaky but neat. 
Having students that truly care about me and our well being! I couldn't have hand picked a better group of kids this year. Monday, there was some definite Braxton Hicks action in the middle of a lesson. Well my kids assumed it was a swift kick the way I reacted and then realized it wasn't a kick. One by one, they started piping in little things like "it's okay, just breathe!" or "deep breaths!" or "it's okay, you can sit down for a second if you need to!" or "it's okay, we'll wait, don't rush, just calm down!" I loved it. They were such genuinely sweet moments! 
Getting to spend time with the mister, talking about reading books to our little. 

Movement: she loves to move. Thankfully, the bladder has been given a break this week but the ribs and hips are taking a beating. 

Food cravings: macaroni and cheese. I hope she loves it too!! 

Food aversions: cafeteria macaroni and cheese. :( blegh. And if you know me, you know I am the least picky person in the world when it comes to Mac n cheese. 

Belly button in or out: in. Although I think it's finally on its way to flattening. 

What I Miss: walking to my car without beginning to huff and puff. Thank goodness it's getting cooler out and I'll be able to breathe easier. Until she continues to grow haha

What I’m looking forward to: hitting 30 weeks- even though it scares the living daylights outta me. 

Milestone: we're definitely into the third trimester. Glucose test soon. Yay. 

Pictures for you:
Haha!! 
Where did that belly come from?!?

"Quit making fun of my fake smile."

Laughing/smiling to please the mister. 

Yup. Big belly still there. :)

Time to invest in some of those diabetic, elastic-free style, socks. :( I could almost read the name brand imprinted in my feet. 

Tired momma-to-be, teacher, wife. 

2 comments:

  1. I think your blogs are the most enlightening, encouraging and precious words I have ever read about a mom-to-be. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet group of kids!!! How thoughtful of them. :) And that one picture is SO a Vicky face. Haha!

    ReplyDelete