Thursday, August 28, 2014

23 weeks

Weekly Info...

How far along are you? 23 weeks 1 day

How I’m feeling: is there a word for tired that's more than exhausted? That. That's what I am. Open House was tonight and I LOVED meeting my kiddos (24 out of 26) but whew, this momma is beat. 

Total weight gain: I'm not sure. And sadly, I'm already sitting with my feet propped as I type this...and I'm definitely not getting up again until it's time to go upstairs. Or can I sleep on the couch downstairs and be completely okay with it?!? 

How big is baby? "Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With a sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that he or she's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about as much as a large mango), you may be able to see him or her squirm underneath your clothes.

Blood vessels in your baby's lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and his or her hearing is becoming more keen. In fact, your baby's cochlea – the inner ear mechanism that houses all components of hearing – is fully formed. So he or she can hear what you hear, but not at the same level. (Sounds and voices are muffled by the muscles and tissues around your belly, the placenta, and the amniotic fluid.)" -babycenter app. 

Maternity clothes: always still. I'm thinking the shoe size is the next one to increase :(

Stretch marks? No thanks. 

Sleep: pretty good this week...meaning when I fall asleep I usually stay asleep for a while. But sleep isn't restful this week. I've tossed and turned the past few nights. 

Best moment this week: feeling her little (read: not little at all) punches and kicks all over my abdomen. She even felt it necessary to kick (or punch) me in the back. That wasn't fun. Quite painful actually. 

Movement: nonstop. She even made sure to let me know she was awake all day today by terrorizing my insides. Wouldn't trade it for the world!!

Food cravings: Taco Bell. No, I haven't gotten it yet. Red grapes from Sams. We are the huge box in a matter of days.

Food aversions: chicken salad. Blegh!

Belly button in or out: innnnnnnnn

What I Miss: standing and walking around all day at work and not feeling like my legs were going to fall off. 

What I’m looking forward to: seeing my belly grow even further past my toes. It's impossible to see them if I look straight down without bending. As of now, I only have to do a little tilt forward and I can see them again. 

Milestone: little miss has been growing healthily for 23+ weeks now!!! Grow little miss, grow :)





No comments:

Post a Comment