Wednesday, August 6, 2014

20 Glorious Weeks!!

Weekly Info...

How far along are you? 20 glorious weeks

How I’m feeling: huge and tired. Going back "full time" this week to professional development classes and in my classroom has taken its toll on me. My feet swell every day. My back aches. I know, I know. It'll only get "worse" from here seeing how I have 20 more weeks. But I am struggling this week. Hopefully once back in a routine I'll feel less whiny. Hopefully. I'm sure the mister would appreciate it. Sorry babe! I still love you :)

Total weight gain: nada. I go to the doctor again next week so we'll see what she says. 

How big is baby? "Your baby weighs approximately 10 1/2 ounces now and measures around 6 1/2 inches from head to bottom and 10 inches from head to heel – about the size of a banana. (You may wonder why you're seeing two length measurements this week. Until 20 weeks of pregnancy, babies are measured from the top of their head to their "rump." That's because their legs are curled up against their torso during the first half of pregnancy, so they're hard to measure. Starting next week, you'll see only the head-to-heel measurement.)" -from babycenter app

Don't worry, I feel every bit of her when she sprawls out in there. 

Maternity clothes: are there such things as non-maternity clothes? If so, I don't see them. Haha! I actually put on a pair of "pre-pregnancy" shorts the other day and it was pretty hysterical (read: depressing) at how they (don't) fit. Oh, how the body changes during pregnancy. 

Stretch marks? None. 

Sleep: not too bad this week. Awake a few nights sometime between 2-4am but usually asleep within half an hour or so. Hopefully I didn't just jinx it!!! 

Best moment this week: seeing my teacher planner move. By itself. I was sitting on the couch and it just moved up a little. Apparently she doesn't like anything resting on her while she's sleeping. 

Movement: all the time. She's been more awake during the day this week. By finding a place to hang out (my bladder!!), she has especially made her presence known during classes this week. I think she thinks it's a trampoline. 

Food cravings: Hershey's with Almonds. Stay away from them. Ask the mister. He's received a "why'd you eat my candy bar!!??" twice this week. Poor guy. Think he knew what he signed up for, us getting pregnant?

Food aversions: I think I'm good this week. As long as I don't eat too large of a meal, and I don't smell anything nasty, everything is good to go :)

Belly button in or out: in. Although today I feel like it could be on its way out (not really, it's still way in-I just feel huge enough for it to pop). 

What I Miss: my belly muscles being normal. They are stretching and moving and stretching and moving and whew. Is that exhausting to you? I feel like we've hit a growth spurt this week and there's no turning back. :)

What I’m looking forward to: Next week. We have our anatomy scan where they check all her parts to make sure she's growing and healthy so far. 

Milestone: HALF WAY, muchachos!!! 

I figured I'd start attempting to take front view and side view shots. Go ahead, laugh. I did. With a side of tears. But there was laughter. Or maybe that was the mister laughing...meh ;-)



Disclaimer 1: yes, I'm tired. And I look it. 
Disclaimer 2: yes, that's our water hose. We empty and refill the kiddie pool every few days and we're not about moving the hose or wrapping (rolling? laying? Eh, you know what I mean) it up neatly every time. I've come to accept it and how it looks "messy"......you can too ;-) 

1 comment:

  1. Ok I don't know if my last comment posted or not. Anyways, I was gonna say you look great!!!! And remember, as far as clothes not fitting well, your hips are relaxed and will widen in preparation for labor and delivery. Coming from somebody who gains 40-50 pounds each time, I'm here to tell you it IS possible to lose the weight. Although not everything will be exactly where it was before. Haha! I always have to go back to a quote from "Loving the Little Years" that says:

    "Our bodies are tools, not treasures. You should not spend your days trying to preserve your body in its eighteen-year-old form. Let it be used. By the time you die, you want a very dinged and dinted body. Motherhood uses your body in the way God designed it to be used. Those are the right kind of damages."

    Excited to see more pictures from your 20 week!!!!

    ReplyDelete