Sunday, August 10, 2014

School Supply Soapbox

This soapbox is not meant for all parents. Many parents are aware of our struggles and are often so generous when school starts back regarding supplies. For you, I am more than thankful!! 

However, we all know there are parents complaining about school supply lists, and while I can appreciate your concern, please understand we don't sit around and think of every last thing we can just to "get more out of parents." Even with school supply lists, many teachers I know spend oodles and oodles on more supplies for the classroom. Heck, my first year teaching I made $28k. Before taxes. I can assure you, what wasn't spent on bills and food was definitely spent on my class. 

Also, when we ask for 4 packs of pencils, it's so we don't have to send home notes every other week asking for more pencils. 

We know you aren't made of money. We aren't either. Some of us still try to remain cognizant of that whilst making our lists. 

So while buying school supplies this year, I beg of you, just think of the flip side. 

Time to jump off that soapbox. 

This link is the perspective of a parent....


No comments:

Post a Comment