Wednesday, October 29, 2014

32 weeks, yo!!

Weekly Info...

How far along are you? 32 weeks today

How I’m feeling: like I'm running out of room haha. Some days, waddling and just barely making it. Some days, like a million bucks. 

Total weight gain: go back to the doc next week. I haven't gotten on the scale this week. 

How big is baby? "By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (about the size of a large jicama) and is roughly 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, your little one will gain a third to half of his or her birth weight during the next seven weeks as he or she fattens up for survival outside the womb.

Your baby now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). The skin on your baby's body is becoming soft and smooth as he or she plumps up in preparation for birth." -babycenter app


Maternity clothes: today was favorite sports team day. So I wore an Indians jersey from this summer's Omar Vizquel Hall of Fame induction...you'll see in today's pictures why maternity clothes are a necessity now. 

Stretch marks? None. 

Sleep: I was able to get 5 straight hours (no potty breaks) the other night. Man, let me tell you!! It was great. But that was a rarity because we're back to the every couple hour potty breaks. 

Best moment this week: I'd say it all. I'm just so grateful we get to experience this. I complain, sure. But never do I take it for granted. 

Movement: her movements are becoming less comfortable by the day. Sometimes, by the hour. She's starting to run out of room which means she finds the most awkward places to get comfortable. She rolled over on something the other day and it HURT. bad. I had to mash my belly to get her to quit because I was sure she'd really injure my insides. Currently, she's jabbing her foot in my right ribs. I've physically tried moving her a few times now and she insists on going back. 

Food cravings: fluffernutter- thanks Angie! 

Food aversions: back to smells bothering me some. I just try to avoid strong smells altogether now. 

Belly button in or out: in still!!! Yay!!! It becomes more "flat" by the day though. 

What I Miss: seeing my feet and knees. I have to bend at the hips quite a bit before I can see the feet and knees again. Shaving comfortably. I absolutely hate shaving. I'm sure my husband would say I never shaved my legs anyhow, but it's really not comfortable for me to bend to shave. Even side of the tub leg shaving is mashing the big ol' belly. 

What I’m looking forward to: the next 8ish weeks. I've been told I'll miss this stage...being pregnant. And I'm sure I will to some extent. But I just cannot wait to see her wrinkly skin and kiss her cheeks and snuggle with her!! I know the mister is secretly excited too!! He reminds me quite often, just how long we have left. 

Milestone: each week we complete is one more week she's growing and is  healthy. Not much longer and she'll reach the "safe to come out and be okay on the outside without hospital intervention." 


If you overlook the squiggly white lines, I look like I did before pregnant! 


No comments:

Post a Comment