Wednesday, October 15, 2014

30 weeks and a little PAIL Awareness

PAIL- this girl's blog post couldn't have said it any better. http://dianawrote.com/2014/10/numb/

One of the toughest questions I have had to answer this pregnancy is "is this your first?" First what...first pregnancy? First baby? Well how do you define baby? First baby on earth or first baby we've conceived (yes I believe they are babies at conception...not birth)?
Some days have become easier to talk about our first three babies. The ones we didn't get to meet. The ones we didn't get to bring home. Some days have become tougher regarding this baby we're currently growing and how she compares to the other three. As I continue to feel her grow and move and kick my insides to shreds, I think of the things I (selfishly) missed out on with babies 1, 2, and 3. 

Today is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day. Today I remember our babies and so many others that aren't here anymore. Whether your baby loss is through pregnancy or infant loss, know that I'm thinking of you today....and many other days. It's not easy. It (loss) will forever be a part of us. But our babies will also forever be a part of us. 



Now to the 30 week part of the post...
Weekly Info...

How far along are you? 30 weeks!! Did you have a mini heart attack like I did? Yeah, 75% done. Well actually over 75% done (if she's one of the some 5% born on their EDD). 

How I’m feeling: overwhelmed but very excited. I cannot believe that after today we'll be down to single digit weeks. 

Total weight gain: no scale. But this belly sure is growing. No clue why I haven't gained 50 lbs because it sure does look like it some days. 

How big is baby? "Your baby's roughly 15.7 inches long now and weighs almost 3 pounds (about the size of a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds your little one, but that volume will shrink as your baby gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus.

Your baby's eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen. Even after birth, your baby will keep those little peepers closed for a good part of the day. He or she will respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision and only make out objects a few inches from his or her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.) -babycenter app


Maternity clothes: no new outfits anymore. Although one of my really cute dressy tops (not stretchy material) has met it's match I think. I wore it this week and I *may* get one more week out of wearing it - if I'm lucky. 

Stretch marks? None yet. 

Sleep: a few nights have been great sleep. A few, not so much. 

Best moment this week: I can't narrow it down. My kids just love "experiencing" this pregnancy with me as their teacher.....until I told them I'd be out for a while on maternity leave. They thought I'd miss a couple of days. Not 6-8 weeks. 

Movement: she doesn't stop. This one is one I'm thankful for especially. She makes days like today easier to swallow. She lets me know just when I need some reassurance that she's still here and growing. 

Food cravings: I want thanksgiving dinner. I'm talking turkey, all the fixin's, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, etc. the whole shebang! 

Food aversions: chocolate - only because it gives me horrible heartburn. It's so good going down though. 

Belly button in or out: in. But sadly, not for long I don't think. It's evening out more and more I think. 

What I Miss: Sleeping comfortably. 

What I’m looking forward to: holding this little girl; seeing Phil hold this little girl; seeing this little girl wrap us around her little finger. 

Milestone: 75% done. Phew. Another heart attack. 

Some of the awesome onesies made at the baby shower this weekend: 


Yesterday's picture day outfit:


She's really out there. And low. 

Weekly front and profile shots: 



2 comments:

  1. SO very happy for you and your family! I'm definitely enjoying you "sharing" this pregnancy with us ! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her blog!!! So true....time does not heal all wounds. There will never be a replacement for our lost babies. We learn to deal with the sadness differently but it won't just go away. They will always be a part of us. And I think that's a good thing.

    Love those cute onesies!! What a fun idea!!!

    ReplyDelete