Saturday, October 19, 2013

Too old for that!

Yes, I realize I'm still in my twenties (at least for a few more months)! But.....we went to a friends last night and camped outside. Tent, air mattress, blanket and pillow. Some realizations? 

One- I do not like the cold. Big shock there, huh? I had my husband and two pugs in the tent to help with warmth but let me tell you, it isn't enough. I even had on a pair of shorts, running tight pants (think UnderArmor), sleep pants, a tank top, two t-shirts, a sweatshirt, and socks thick enough to wear in the arctic. 

Two- air mattresses. are. not. comfortable. Especially the ones that don't hold air all night long. You may be thinking, "it's better than the ground!" And guess what?! I think you'd be wrong. Haha. 

Three- I am terrified of "haunted" or "scary" things. Still. Another big shock! Pshh. The friends we went to visit put on a scary walk through the woods. My husband says he's paid $20 for haunted houses that weren't as good as this one. Good is a relative term. In no way would I describe this scariness as good. Why in God's green Earth would anyone want to feel like that, on purpose?!? I tried to be brave and go through. I started by saying I don't like to be scared and please don't let them touch me. I made it about 10 feet in before the panic attack ensued. Panic attack. Trouble breathing, paralyzed in place, sobbing. Even though I knew it was fake...I saw every person getting dressed up to scare...I knew they wouldn't hurt me...yet I still couldn't do it. Call me a wuss, pansy, crybaby, etc. I'm okay with it. 

Four- sleeping for an hour at a time (even if it is for 12 hours) is no bueno. I feel like I've lost a day because today has been spent napping and still feeling tired. 

Conclusion? I really do like camping. If it is in an RV with a bed and temp control. :)

Time to get out of bed, splash some cold water on my face, and get ready for some Buckeye football! Go Bucks!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm the SAME way! Septtro loves to camp and we have a tent. But I'm not a tent camping fan. I don't need a lot of luxuries. I just need a waterproof and comfortable place to sleep! :)

    ReplyDelete