Monday, January 27, 2014

Dementia..............

.............you SUCK! A big, fat, nasty, fungus infested toe. 


I found this picture online and thought, man! how true is #4!!?? Then I thought, oh man, #5. Oh man. How hard it is to accept that your loved one cannot always respond in a way that is comprehensible. It is one of the toughest pills I've had to swallow. 

Some say I have had it easy so far. I don't live in town and I only see snippets. Maybe that's true. Maybe I can handle it all because I don't see it every day. Maybe I can handle it all because I'm good at talking with her. Tonight? Different story altogether. 

Tonight, I couldn't handle it all because I know life is precious and fragile. 

Tonight, unavoidable meltdown. 

Tonight, my cart has gone off course and I'm plummeting off the roller coaster. 

Tonight, I'm snuggled up with my two pups- all of us wishing the mister was home too. 

Tonight, I'm watching We Bought a Zoo and bawling my eyes out!!

Tonight, I'm laying here wishing we lived closer to family. 

Tonight, I want my family and friends to know how much I love them. I know they are the glue that helps me stay together. 

Just keep talking. 

Vicky, out. 

1 comment:

  1. What's going on?? Also, I bawled my eyes out while watching "We Bought a Zoo". Sad movie!!!!

    ReplyDelete