Wednesday, December 10, 2014

38 weeks today :)

Weekly Info...

How far along are you? 38 weeks. Can you believe we've made it this far?!? 

How I’m feeling: about the same as the last couple of weeks. I'm always tired and my feet/lower legs swell like there's no tomorrow. Hopefully they go down quickly after her arrival. 

Total weight gain: no weight gain in the past week!!! Still at 24lbs. Maybe we'll stay at less than 25lbs this whole pregnancy. That'd make me happy. 

How big is baby? "Your baby has really plumped up. He or she weighs around 6.8 pounds and is over 19 1/2 inches long (about the size of a leek). Your baby has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold his or her hand for the first time! His or her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.

Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If your baby is born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If he or she is born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time your baby is 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after birth, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)" -babycenter app


Maternity clothes: haven't spent any more money on maternity clothes. Considering I'm finishing up work very soon, I won't need to impress anyone with cute clothes. Ha! Who am I kidding?! I haven't been impressing anyone the past 9 months with my outfit choices. 

Stretch marks? 3 little dark spots are popping up but they aren't major lines yet. Maybe they'll stay? Maybe they'll go? Who knows...time will tell. 

Sleep: ha. Ha. Ha. I sleep for an hour or two but I'm not sure "sleep" is the most accurately used word. My sleep is definitely not restful and it definitely isn't comfortable. 

Best moment this week: being checked to see how much progress we've made. Don't get me wrong, best moment does NOT mean most fun moment. But I am glad to know I'm not zero everything. 
1cm dilated. 50% effaced. Head is way down. Measuring 39 weeks.  

Movement: is painful. She isn't as graceful in her movements this week. And my movements continuously slow the further we get. 

Food cravings: not food, but milk. I HATE drinking plain milk...but this past week I just cannot get enough of it. 

Food aversions: spicy food probably.   

Belly button in or out: still barely in. It looks so weird and kinda gross. 

What I Miss: I already miss my kiddos at school and I haven't even left them.   

What I’m looking forward to: having this baby on the outside, healthy. I cannot wait to see her wrinkly skin and smushed up face. 

Milestone: we are packed and ready for her arrival (I think). I'm sure I'll always wonder if I have it all together for D(delivery)-day and panic the day of, but I think we can safely say she can arrive any time and we have everything we could need. 

 
38 weeks today. 

Old ultrasound pic but maternity pics at 37.5wks. Take my advice and get pictures done prior to your ninth month. It'll be easier on your body and your belly won't be as huge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment